Friday, February 13, 2009

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
How did we meet:I played softball with his brother Dave. He and his friend Jeremy would come to watch My sister Cami and I play. I saw him and that he was good looking, but I would never initiate. He finally worked up the courage to approach us. His opening line was "so how long have you two been twins" we didnt know what to say because were not twins and even if we were the answer would have been forever-right. So we just looked at each other and there was an awkward pause. But he caught my attention and its been good ever since.

How long we dated before we were married: depends on who you ask. We met in August and had a "DTR" in october then we got engaged in December and married in January. So I say we started dating in October but Jake say's we were dating in August.
How long we have been married: 4 years this month.
What's my favorite feature about him: his smile and his eyes.
What's my favorite quality about him: His honesty and ambition.
What's his nickname: Jake
What's his favorite color: I think blue?
What's his favorite food: I dont know but not for lack of trying. I always ask what he wants me to make or what his favorite food is. He's not picky and seems to like everything I make so were okay.
What's his favorite sport: definently football, and he is a awesome quarterback, definently something that was very attractive to me.
Who said the L word first: definently him.
First kiss when and where: He tried to kiss me and I told him I wasent ready, mostly because my first kiss had been akward and weird. I wasent looking forward to doing it over again but Jake made it relativly easy and good. It was on College Ave. and it was in october of 2004.
Favorite couple thing to do: I like to talk to him, especially about politics. We are so like minded politically.
How many kids: two beautiful girls, Malynn and Kenna.
Hidden Talent: Jake is the best dad ever.
Favorite music: I dont know in his former life he like Led Zepplin and Beastie Boys but when i met him it was more like Jewel and Sara Mclaughlin. (I dont know how to spell her last name) He listens to the same stuff I do mostly but he likes those dumb twangy country songs.
What I admire most about him: His spirituality and what a great dad he is. What is more attractive than that?
His favorite past time: Lately watching Devin in his sports. Back in the day it was football.
Will he read this: Yep.
Jake I just wanted you to know that I think your amazing. Your such a great person. No matter what life throws at you, you take it in stride and try to make the best out of it. Your a deep thinker and ambitious and smart and hard working and studious. I am thankful to you for supporting me in coaching softball and Im thankful that your such a good father to our girls. Thanks so much for loving me. Your wonderful and so much what I needed in a husband. Father in Heaven really knew what he was doing when he put us in each others paths. I love you.

4 comments:

Thomas Family said...

What a great post Suzanne. That was fun to read, and Mark wants more detail on the whole gall bladder thing. Does he get his gallbladder removed or repaired?

Devin and Megan said...

That is so sweet! I love it!
Remember to keep smiling

Amy said...

You are so sweet. You made me cry! (That's happening a lot these days.) I too would like more details about the gall bladder and how he (and you) are doing! Love you!

Marylynn said...

Okay, how come I am your sister and didn't know you had a blog? Hello! Cute pics, BTW. Marylynn