Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day

Its been a busy time in our lives. I havent been good at updating my blog, but being so busy has not made it any easier. By way of update this winter was eventful. Jake got accepted to some law schools. At this point were thinking of going to Florida Coastal Law School in Jacksonville Florida. We are planning on movin towards the end of July. Jake also had a bunch of health problems, suprise, suprise:) He was feeling good but went in to get his blood checked and some of his scores were high. After a lot of time, tests and money spent (of course:)) We found out that the right lobe of his liver is three quaters of the way scarred up. The result will be a need for a liver transplant someday in the future. Hopefully not for at least ten years. Jake has gotten serious about excersizing and eating healthy to help his chances of prolonging the process and then getting a transplant when the time comes. I started coaching softball in January. Its been a chaotic few months with that and work. I dont even know what happend to March and April, although during those months I thought it would never be over. Life was truly crazy but I do love softball and it was fun to see my team improve so much. We won one game last year, this year we won 9 games. The improvement has been immense, and next year is looking good as well. But of course I wont be here because we are moving to Florida. Jake and I had our 5 year anniversary in february and we booked a cruise for it. So we will be leaving to check out the law school in Jacksonville, and then off to the Bahamas. We are both very excited. We bought a new minin van in anticipation of our move. We love all the space and the girls love the automatic sliding door. Malynn turned 4 in march and is so creative and smart and fun and softhearted. She is the oldest child and keeps things fun for everyone. Kenna is 2 she is trouble in her terrible twos. She stays very busy and loves to give her big sister hugs. They are the joy of our lives. We are grateful for our girls, our temple marriage, our full and busy lives and the many blessings the lord has given us. Today is mothers day and I was asked to speak on the righteous influence of mothers. I took more time than I usually do to think of my own special mother and the example her righteous life has been to me. I wish I could have gotten to know her, but I feel sure she is watching over me and my family, and I am grateful for that. Happy mothers day to all those righteous mothers whose influence for good is felt by not just their own children, but so many others.

1 comment:

The Moulton Family said...

Glad you updated! Wow! Your life has been hectic lately. Congrats on the success with softball. You must be a great coach. That is a big jump in wins. Hope your hubby is doing better, and good luck in Florida. I am so jealous that you are going on a cruise. My dream someday. Too bad that I'm just moving back home when you are moving far away, huh? Anyway. Keep us updated.